Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Egads!!!!!!



I didn't realize it's been over a week since the last time I posted!! I knew it had been a while but it wasn't until I checked and saw it's been that long. I think this is the longest time I've taken between posts!

While my reading mojo is still going strong, my blogging mojo seems to have taken a back seat. Not a whole lot is going on. I'm having more and more light bulbs going on with our new system at work. I've still been reading up a storm; I just need to take the time to write up my thoughts on what I've been reading.


I'm getting more and more excited about my trip to attend the RT convention at the end of April. I bought a GPS in preparation and I'm a bit leery now. I've been 'practicing' with it and I find it a bit whacked in the directions. It tells me to turn right when I know I need to turn right. Yesterday it told me to take a road that doesn't exist. I know this as I take the same route home every night and that particular road is nowhere to be found. I've lived here for over 30 years now and I never even heard of that road until yesterday. So I'm thinking I need to use the |GPS in ADDITION to other options - like a map.

Other than that not much is going on. Hopefully I'll balance out soon in my mojos.

7 comments:

~ames~ said...

That's the funny thing about GPS. I remember coming home from Montreal two years ago, I was on a new road and the GPS kept trying to get me onto the road it knew. It kept saying "turn right...turn right." LOL

I'd plot your course out on a map, just to familiarize yourself with the route. Google maps is good that way.

And I'm glad you're still reading up a storm! So am I! I love it. :P

Wendy said...

Yes indeedy. Old-fashioned paper map, as well as GPS. It's always good to be prepared.

My blogging mojo is also a bit lax right now, and I wish I could say it's because I'm reading up a storm. Sigh. Just not a ton of stuff to blather on about right now.

Lynn Spencer said...

Ah yes. I love the GPS, but occasionally I do think it tries to kill me. Last weekend, it ever so gently tried to guide me into a ravine in the pouring rain. Good times!

nath said...

Can't wait to see what you've been reading, Kristie!!

And yes, RT is around the corner!! Hopefully, I'll survive the coming month, sigh.

Hmmm, GPS like Google Map are just pointers... a good old map and common sense are always required :D I remember when we were in the States for Holly's wedding, Ames and I... I had itineraries printed out to help us drive from Las Vegas to Laughlin... and it told us to get on a highway, but there were so many detours... and I was like: well isn't one of the exit just here? :P

azteclady said...

Paper map plus a bit of visual scouting through Google maps would be my strategy.

How I wish I were going to RT and/or RWA this year! :sigh:

But I'm happy you are going to be having fun for us, Kristie *hug*

novelnelle said...

GPS's can be tricky little devils. When we were in Vegas the highway we were on had a really big curve in it. The GPS made us get off the highway drive through the intersection at the end of the off ramp and then up the on ramp for the exact same highway because technically it was a shorter distance.

One of these days I hope to get out the RWA or RT but it's not in the cards yet. Plus I don't know if I'd ever get up the courage to go by myself :)

orannia said...

YAH for the work lightbulbs going on! Fingers crossed that happens to me!