Thursday, June 11, 2009

Retail Therapy - Part Trois

So - I thought I was done but it turned out I really wasn't. For anyone who didn't know, Nath is visiting me. She arrived yesterday by train. After we got back to my place so she could unload and see the 'library', we headed over to Chapters. I was very good and only got one book, In bed with a Stranger by Mary Wine (Nath however got many more but I'll let her tell on her blog). After Chapters there just happens to be a Future Shop next door. Now I've wanted a lap top computer for a while now, the thought of actually buying one was terrifying to me - being the technically challenged kind of girl I am. But having Nath with me boosted my confidence. She at least knew what to look for and had asked a friend of hers for help.

So!
I did it.

I bought a laptop and I'm doing this post in the kitchen!!!! Oh the freedom!! I can now go anywhere if the house. I can blog while watching TV. I can check my email while in the bathroom! I'm psyched. After dinner she is going to show me how to work the camera. Pictures to come! Everyone will be able to see Destructo Cat.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Yay! A laptop! Very cool. Congrats!

Wendy said...

Weeee, another lap top at our finger tips for RWA!

azteclady said...

*applause* huge congrats, woman!!!

Now, make sure you ask lots of questions while Nath is here--just in case :wink:

orannia said...

Go Kristie! Congrats! Enjoy!

And I look forward to seeing the photos :)

Heather D said...

Congratulations on the new laptop!! It will probably take some time to get use to not having a mouse to click and using your fingers--at least that was the way of it for me, but you will never go back to the desk top. Have fun with your new toy!!