Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Missing lately

You may have noticed I haven't been posting much lately. Real life has raised it's head.
I've been training a couple of people at work and I had no idea how draining this can be! They are both at different levels, one I've been training about a month and the other one I've been helping to train has been there for about two weeks. Because we work real wacky schedules - every third weekend with Fridays and Mondays off. On top of that the weather has been wacky, thus more of a burden of training the newest person has fallen on my than I expected.
On top of that I've been trying to do my own job and I'm falling a bit behind in that area. I've been coming home exhausted.
When you get used to doing a job, you tend to do a lot of it automatically. But now I have to think of each and everything I do, so I can show/tell the new people.
Hopefully thinks will even out soon because right now I'm even too tired to play Free Cell - and I'm pretty addicted to Free Cell.

4 comments:

Marg said...

I find training people draining at the best of time...never mind when you are already behind on your own work etc etc. Hope things pick up for you soon.

Kwana said...

It sounds hectic. It hope it slows down for you soon and you can breathe again.

KT Grant said...

Come back to us Kristie! I am so lonely.

CindyS said...

Yikes, that's a lot on your plate. Hopefully these two new employees will stay a while so you don't have to train anyone for a great long while!

Miss you!

CindyS