Saturday, August 11, 2007

It's my birthday today. I don't say this for birthday wishes but more to say it's another tough day, one of those hurdles to get through.
I had coffee with a friend this morning and the boys and Lisa and I are going out for dinner - and I picked an expensive one - they have Most Excellent prime rib, my favourite meal being the carnivore I am. So the day won't be completely sad, but still there is the most important person missing. When I drove to Starbucks where we were meeting for coffee, I drove past the ball diamond I drive by every day and it was full of kids playing ball and I couldn't help but think it wasn't fair that Ron wasn't here coaching.
My birthday often fell in the midst of playoffs and many a year we had to go out for dinner on a different night because there was a game he was coaching but I never minded. And I always told him he was lucky to have me for a wife because it wasn't every woman that didn't mind playing second fiddle to a ball game on her birthday. I was never sure if he saw that or not *g*.

The department I work in surprised me yesterday though. They had found out it was my birthday and had a cake for me. I was touched quite a bit by that. And one of the other women I work with bought me flowers too.

So there are still good things happening. It's hard though, not to have Ron here too.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kristie! May the next year be a really good one for you, filled with smiles and laughter and everything good.

Hugs on the sadness, and hugs again because it's your birthday. :-)

Jaci

Marg said...

Sounds like you are working with a good bunch of people.

Hope you enjoy your birthday dinner.

(((Kristie)))

Anonymous said...

First of all...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Secondly here's a ((((KRISTIE))))hug for you.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!! :D

Debra

Wendy said...

Go Kristie, Go Kristie, it's your birthday, Go Kristie....

Happy birthday girl! And prime rib? Yummers ::drool::

Rosie said...

Prime rib...me too! That's one of my favorites. I hope your dinner was fun and provided some distraction for you. Peace, love and joy. Happy birthday, Kristie.

CindyS said...

Happy Birthday Kristie. I'm sorry that you are going through a rough time.

((((((Kristie)))))

Love Cindy

Tara Marie said...

Birthday hugs for happy and the sad.

Take care,

Tara

Rosario said...

Happy birthday, Kristie! I hope it gets easier with time.

Amie Stuart said...

Hey my birthday sister! I hope you had a wonderful day!

~ames~ said...

happy belated birthday kristie. :P