Saturday, August 25, 2007

I haven't done one of these for a while

Leya of Wandeca Reads tagged me for the latest meme. So here goes

1. Total number of books I own
2,289 – Wowzers!! I hadn't really counted them for years. That's quite a few isn't it?

2. Last Book I bought

Um, ah, would that be the last book I bought in a store or the last books I ordered but haven’t arrived yet?I’ll go with book I bought in a store. That would be Touch of Darkness by Christina Dodd

3. Last Book I read
That would be Anyone But You by Jennifer Crusie. I just finished it.

4. Five books that mean a lot to me
Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. That was the book that made me realize Ron was the guy for me
Lord of the Rings by JR Tolkien Ron and I both loved these books
Dreaming of You by Lisa Kleypas. Reading and encouraging everyone to read it too helped get me through the worst imaginable time of my life. And the lunch that Jane, Sybil and I went to with Lisa Kleypas will always be a very special memory.
After the Night by Linda Howard I think this is my most oft’ read book
Windflower by Laura London. I waited years to find this one and when I finally did get it, it was so worth the wait

5. Tag 5 people
Ames
Cindy
Devon
Rosie
Renee

'til later

7 comments:

C2 said...

Wow! Over 2000 books...that makes me feel so much better about my slightly less than 1000. ;-)

I will weed out the TBR and Keepers soon. Well, maybe that will be next year's resolution. LOL

Holly said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with thousands of books. *sigh*

I lurrrve After the Night. I was really surprised to find not many people share my passion for it. I realize Grey was an idiot for part of the book, but I think he redeemed himself well and I loved Faith as a heroine.

Ahh, to each his own, right?

We just did this on BB, too. It's been fun seeing what 5 books everyone chooses. ;)

Wendy said...

Leya tagged me too - I need to get on this.

And I feel so much better about my 900+ now. Of course out of those about 880 are "TBR," which only adds to the guilt.

Devon said...

Oooh, tagged. I shall do tomorrow.

Ummm, did you actually count how many books you have for the meme? I know what I'll be doing tomorrow:)

ReneeW said...

Oops tagged. You are going to make me think, aren't you. WOW 2289 books! Ok I'm seriously behind and feeling deprived. I need more book shelves. What did you think of Anyone But You (one of my favorites by Crusie). Great list of books. You remind me that I need to reread After the Night sometime soon. Hope I can get this done tomorrow.

CindyS said...

Okay, I've been to your house and if that is what 2000+ books looks like then I may be in more trouble than I know!! Or do you have another hidden stash ;)

I'll be doing this one hopefully tomorrow!

Cindy

Rosie said...

Okay, I've done mine. We have almost the same number of books since my count came in at 2302. But I figure we've been around a bit longer than some of these youngsters and they have time to catch up...right? :)