Thursday, June 21, 2007

Ack - there was so much I wanted to say!

I called the doctor today to see if I could get in next week and get more stuff for depression. An answering machine answered and said she would be off until August 7 and if it was an emergency to go to a walk-in clinic. Otherwise, wait until she came back in August and make an appointment then.
Well - I started to panic. I have enough pills left until Tuesday. See I hate the doctor so much I always put off until the last moment having to go see her. I decided to stop off at the pharmacy on the way home and see if they could give me enough to last until she got back. Well they couldn't do that and said I would have to go to a walk-in clinic. There's one not to far from where I live so I went over to it - went inside and the room was full. But the panic was starting to build and I knew for my own peace of mind I would have to grin and bear the wait. When I finally got in to see the doctor, I then took the perscription back to the pharmacy and waited another good long while for them to fill it. I finally got home at 8:30 and now I have to pack for Kristie's Big Weekend Adventure.

So all the stuff I was going to post about will have to wait until later *sigh*

'til later

4 comments:

Rosie said...

At least you can enjoy the weekend without that worry hanging over your head. However, I loathe with a passion waiting in the doctor's office. It makes me feel antsy and cranky. Sorry you had to go through that.

I saw the picture of Nath and Ames (w/lil sis)on Ames page today. I'm just grinning thinking about how much fun you'll have.

Take care now.

dancechica said...

I'm the exact same way. I hate doctor visits so much I put it off. Then when I finally do get going to make an apt, I'm not able to get an apt at the day/time I need because I've wanted too late. But at least you got what you need, even if you did have to wait. I know it sucks waiting at doctor's offices.

Jenster said...

I'm glad you got that taken care of. I think I'm neurotic about my medication and check it every day for weeks before we leave for vacation.

Lori said...

I'm so glad you waited it out, Kristie. Now you can enjoy your weekend without all the worry. Have a blast!