Monday, January 23, 2006

It' a voting kind of a day

I figured I would make this a real voting kind of a day. It’s election day here in Canada. The polls close at 9:30 this evening so the results won’t be in until past my bed time. But if you should all wake up to a faint scream of horror tomorrow morning around 5:30 am, that will be me if the Liberal party now in charge stays in charge.

And I filled in my ballot for the
All About Romance Annual Readers Poll. I always enjoy doing this and look forward to it every year. And then to seeing how many I match when the results come in.
So, since we have no say in the Oscars – I say go forth and cast your ballots in something we all love and have in common and we can vote in!

So – if you’re Canadian – go forth and vote.

If you’re a lover of romance novels – go forth and vote.


‘til later

4 comments:

Rosario said...

So, no screaming, right?

I've got my AAR ballot filled in already, but I think I'll hang on to it until the end and try to get in as many 2005 books as possible. I've got some categories I couldn't fill in (medievals and series romance, for instance), and I'm really not sure about my vote for favourite funny.

Kristie (J) said...

Nope, no screaming *grin*

Anonymous said...

I've filled in my AAR ballot...but I have a couple of categories that have two entries, so I'm trying to decide which really is the "best". It's harder than I thought it would be, even though I kept a reading journal for this very purpose.

Kristie (J) said...

That's why I started keeping records too, so that I could remember when it came time to vote. And it's still real hard to choose isn't it? For example 2 of my favourite books are in a rather obscure category and I had a heck of a time trying to decide which one to pick. And I didn't have a pick for best medieval. And I love medievals. Just goes to show how few good ones are being written these days. And when I went to choose Strongest heroine, I didn't want to choose Eve Dallas AGAIN, so I went looking through for another strong heroine I really enjoyed and the one I came up with was in a book I really enjoyed and that completely slipped my radar when I was recounting my favourites of the year. I ended up picking the heroine and the book in another couple of categories. And I had no thought of doing that a couple of days before.