Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Beautiful Covers

Since it's been a while since I did pictures and I need to keep practicing - and I'm killing time before Lost, I thought I would share some of the gorgeous covers of the author who brought me back to romance.


This is what historical romance covers should look like


























Although even she had her clunker covers



And after Lost I shall practice adjusting the sizes so they match

Thanks to
Jay who is helping me while away the time.

Well, Lost is over for the week - and another most excellent episode and I've practiced and they still won't change sizes. I worried about it and then realized it wasn't me - no, it was the pictures fault.


'til later

7 comments:

Tara Marie said...

My UBS never has her books in stock. I'm going to have to put them on my wish list.

Anonymous said...

Oh Tara, you should try her out. I don't know about her later Riddle books, I haven't read them. Megan actually wrote a hilarious review of one that didn't fare to well, but her earlier books are wonderful. Very tame though, compared to today's standard. They are defintely 'kisses only'

Kristie (J) said...

That would be at AAR and if I knew how to do a link in a comment I would.

ReneeW said...

I have read all of these! I love Patricia Veryan and you're right, the covers are good. In fact, the two HB covers you show (Dedicated Villian and The Mandarin of Mayfair) are two of my favorites. I think I still have one around somewhere.. here it is: The Tyrant. Its #3 in the Golden Chronicles series set in Georgian England. Great series. You can have it if you want, Tara. I decided not to keep any of hers since she is a local author and my library has them all if I feel a re-read coming on. I didn't care for the Riddle series. I think she jumped the shark on those. Whoops, sorry to highjack your blog, Kristie.

CindyS said...

Okay, I haven't read the books but thought I would comment on LOST because, I'm addicted!

I don't know what it says about me but it was a great twist to have Bernard be the older twitchy guy white guy. I just assumed it was the large, take control black man that was Rose's husband. I so hope they get to have a reunion!

Oh, and Hurley rocks! and I'm worried that Charlie is on the drugs again because he was acting childish.

CindyS

Kristie (J) said...

Cindy: I don't think he is. I think if he were, Locke would have picked up on it. I think he was just giddie with happiness because he could give Claire real peanut butter.

Anonymous said...

Love these covers - thanks for reminding me of how much. Probably my favourite romance covers are the serene pale green covers for Georgette Heyer's hardcovers. Very hard to come by today - because why would anyone part with one? Janet