Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The joys of blogging

Now that I have evenings to myself, I'm spending all kinds of time blog hopping and it's a great way to spend an evening - well except for Tuesday night Reality TV night and Wednesday night "Lost" night. As I mentioned in an earlier blog, I'm pretty much an island when it comes to romance reading. None of my friends or family read romance near to the intensity that I do. I love visiting message boards where I can share thoughts and opinions with other readers but now that I have joined the 'blogging world" blogging is even more enjoyable. I've gotten to kind of know readers on message boards but not to the extent that I can through blogging and blog hopping. When I post on message boards, I tend to reign myself in. I try to keep messages short, which for me is very difficult. I tend to wax on quite a bit. When one of my sisters read my blog at my insistence, she said it was interesting but "wordy". Another thing I have freedom to do on a blog that I don't as a rule on message boards is be critical. I haven't too much on the blog so far, but if I want to I can. Freeing thought that! And I love reading other romance reader blogs too. I can spend hours blog hopping and it's wonderful discovering new blogs. So if anyone is considering starting their own blog, what are you waiting for? Come, join the world of blogging.

Since I am fairly new at this blogging business, below is an experiment.

I tried the birthday (and boy is it ever close). How very kind of them to make it easy to copy and paste.

Your Birthdate: August 11
Your birth on the 11th day of the month makes you something of a dreamer and an idealist.
You work well with people because you know how to use persuasion rather than force.
There is a strong spiritual side to your nature, and you may have intuitive qualities inherent in your make up, too.

You are very aware and sensitive, though often temperamental.
Although you have a good mind and you are very analytical, you may not be comfortable in the business world.
You are definitely creative and this influence tends to make you more of a dreamer than a doer.

3 comments:

Tara Marie said...

Kristi--I saw the birthday thing on a different blog. Mine was so accurate it was a little scary--LOL.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it though!! I never considered my self anaylitical, but in my new job I'm a data anaylist and I'm really enjoying it and if I do say so myself doing a pretty good job - which amazes me.
And I'm certainly more of a dreamer that a doer. :)

Anonymous said...

If it's meant to be anybody born on 11th August, I have my doubts. That happens to be my dh's birthday - he's not a dreamer or an idealist, would not typically work through persuasion and is a spiritual as a brick. Moreover he's not intuitive, sensitive, temperamental or especially creative - admittedly, he has a really good mind - but that's the only thing in the whole description I'd recognise. (I've made him sound wildly unattractive, haven't I? He does have some good qualities somewhere, I'm sure of it...)